1. My Dad can out pick me (and just about anyone else) anytime. No matter what we're picking!
2. Did you know tomatoes can get a sunburn--and their sunburn is yellow? Yup! You don't want to pick those tomatoes, as they get a hard yellow layer under their skin that ruins them for canning or eating.
3. Peppers also get sunburned, they turn black on their "sunny side". Doesn't seem to hurt them, though. They're just not quite as pretty.
4. This is just about the most important thing in the u-pick field!
5. But the very COOLEST thing I learned was how to clean your hands after a day of pickin'. Remember these Workin' Girl Hands?
Well, as we finished picking, I brought out a package of moist wipes so we could all clean our hands (I was feeling very well prepared, and a little smug!) My Dad said "Now Diana, that stuff is not going to get your hands clean!" Hah! Sure it will Dad! I scrub and I scrub, and they're still very grubby. They're still brown!
So, you see, one can learn something really useful every day! Especially from your Dad.