Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Gifts of Friendship


Christmas has come a little early for David. He's already opened two presents! Here is a picture of him with his nifty personalized apron, custom made just for him by my dear friend Donna! Pretty cool, huh? Now that he has an apron, I think this means that he has to do all the cooking and dishes. I'm sure that's what she intended! Especially since she included a scrubbie, hand knit dish cloth, and a dishtowel!

That Donna has been busy at her sewing machine--she also made me a really pretty tote bag. I think I'll use it as a library book bag. I'm sure I'll have much more time to read, now that Chef DavOd will be doing all the cooking!

David is holding another treasure, this one is from Deb. It's VERY Alaskan--because it's made of DUCT TAPE! And---it has a Kaladi's card tucked into it! He was so funny when he opened it--he said "I'm going to keep this forever"'! Thanks, you two! You are both so special, and toooo good to us.

Yesterday Deb and I had coffee (Kaladi's, of course!) with Randy and Carla Wolf. It was such a lovely surprise, and it was great to catch up. They both are just as sweet and funny as ever!

Last night we had dinner with our long time friends, Mike and Karen. Four fun hours of talking and laughing and catching up. Not to mention the great food (and too many martini's!) They are going to be building a house near Spudville this year, so hopefully we'll get to see them more often. I sure hope so!

We are having a great visit "home". The weather has warmed up, much to David's relief. More snow in the forecast--so we will have a VERY white Christmas. We are sure enjoying Matt and Jeanne's company, it will be so hard to leave. But I'm NOT going to think about that today!

We are leaving tomorrow to drive to Homer, down to my brother's and sister-in-laws for Christmas. REALLY looking forward to that. Will try to take pictures on the way, as it is a beautiful drive.

Thanks to our dear friends who have made this visit special, and Merry Christmas, too!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the "center of attention" DavOd...whatever it takes to get Di to post on her blog, Thanks.
    I had fun making your giftcard holder-it is the tape thing ya know!
    Hope to see you all on Sunday -for coffee at Kaladi's perhaps?
    Have FUN and extra HUGS in Homer!
    Merry Christmas-

    ReplyDelete