Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sunny Day in Lacey!

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day in Lacey--and not liquid sunshine, either! Pretty rare for February in the Seattle area.

After our late night Monday, we had a very late breakfast and then headed out to explore. We went into Olympia, it's a really neat small town. Lot's of interesting stores in the old downtown area. We saw the capitol, drove around and looked at some pretty old houses and then did some shopping. Wow--really good shopping here! Linda has all the good shops scoped out, of course. I was a good girl and didn't spend a dime!

I didn't take a single picture! I did have my camera along, but every time I would think about a picture, we'd get sidetracked and start yaking! I know that's hard to believe ;)

We skipped lunch, and had an early dinner at a brewhouse in Lacey. Great food and more fun conversation. Came home and sat and visited some more--and went to bed early about 9:30. Of course that meant that I'm up and wide awake at 4:30 this morning! Linda is still snoozing, I'm trying to be very quiet.

Today we plan on going to Gig Harbour, stroll around and maybe have lunch there. We plan to have dinner at a seafood restaurant on the waterfront. I'm hoping for cioppino--mmmmmmm!

I'll take the camera and try to get some pics today!

2 comments:

  1. I really thought I left a comment this morning and came back to see what else had been wrote..now where is my comment?
    How was Gig Harbor? I remember going there in the 80's...bet it has grown. Enjoy the last day or two and have a safe drive to Yakima & on home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, You are missed here in Boise but, as you know, we cannot get good cioppino in "Spudville." Have a save trip home and I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete