Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yoga in Spudville

DavOd & Di did Yoga in Spudville today---did ya ever think??

It was interesting, to say the least......

As in our water aerobic class, we were the youngest there by at least 10 years. I'm not quite sure if that makes me feel young, or OLD for being in a "Silver Sneakers Yoga" class. (That was almost too much to admit!)

There was lots of heavy breathing (not the fun kind, either!), a few pretzel shapes, and much stretching into "tree" and "warrior" poses. I felt much more like a tree than a warrior when we were done, but I have hope.

I'm off tomorrow to buy some of those adorable Yoga pants--I'm sure my warrior pose would be much improved in a cuter outfit.

The instructor (a cute young thing) was great, and when we were all done she put her hands together and bowed slightly to us and said "namaste". I'm pretty sure that is Yoga-Speak for "Peace be with you; you may now go eat dessert" .

And so I did!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud at your interpretation of that word Di.....you go girl.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blogging but missing a picture!

    ReplyDelete