Friday, November 9, 2012

JUST FOR MATT..........

You didn't think we'd forget, did you?


There's a fun story to go along with this one...........

Dad and I were strolling along, browsing in a few souvenir shops that line the streets.  We went into a particularly nice shop, where I found just the perfect shot glass for you.   When I went to the counter to pay I explained to the nice man that I wanted to have a picture of me paying for it.  He seemed a little perplexed ( probably thinking "weird tourist!), so I explained to him that we always bought a shot glass for our son from every country we traveled to, and liked to have a picture to go along with it.  He was very gracious, smiled and posed for the picture.

As he was wrapping up your new glass,  he quietly said something to a young teenage worker, who went to a nearby shelf and brought back a different shot glass.  The shopkeeper was pleased to give us ANOTHER shot glass for your collection as a gift from him!  We thanked him sincerely, and he told us "Enjoy your stay in Turkey, Inshallah, Inshallah".

Another lovely Turkish moment--and now you have TWO shot glasses from Turkey!

LYTMATFS!
Mom

1 comment: